Two summer intern positions at Sense-Co
Sense-Co, the spin-off company of Sense-T, is seeking two talented interns to join the team over the summer break. Come along to the student pitch night on Wednesday 24 September to learn more about these roles and other intern opportunities with Australian tech start-ups.
The Sense-Co interns will take part in the Alpha Trial, undertaking key research in the analysis and quality assurance of sensor data. The requirements for the Data Scientist and Data Quality Engineer intern positions are below.
IT and engineering students are encouraged to come along to the student pitch night on Wednesday 24 September run by Tin Alley beta, an Australian tech internship program through the University of Melbourne. Sense-Co will be one of 12 Australian start-ups pitching intern positions for summer 2014/15.
The event will be held in Melbourne with presentations live streamed to Hobart. Sense-Co will present from Hobart and will be available to discuss the positions with interested students. The Melbourne event has sold out but places are left for the Hobart event.
Time 6pm to 9pm
Date Wednesday 24 September
Venue Room 473, Centenary Building
Sandy Bay Campus, University of Tasmania
Intern 1: Data Scientist
- Analysis of raw sensor transducer data for accuracy and calibration
- Analysis of transformed sensor observational sensor data for verification of transform functions
- Analysis of sensor asset condition data for spatial sensor and sensor node placements
- Analysis of sensor system performance data to identify anomalous situation
- Analysis of optimum sensor density for each agricultural secto
- Support for on-site sensor transducer measurements and accuracy verificatio
- Support for on-site optimal wireless sensor system deploymen
- Reporting on analysis and activity
- Recent experience with modern programming languages, ideally Python
- Recent experiences with databases, including non-relational distributed databases
- Recent experiences with Cloud services, in particular AWS
- Recent experiences with web-based data visualisation tools
- Experience working in a Linux environment
Intern 2: Data quality engineer:
- Analysis of graphical data
- Performance investigations of ingested environmental sensor data and radio frequency/wireless technology communications to identify anomalies
- Acting as the second tier within a three tier helpdesk system, to pinpoint the source of identified problems, allocate to appropriate Tier 3 area, and track to resolution.
- Analysis of the interactions between environmental sensor data and radio frequency in a real world wireless technology system
- Strong experience in interpreting graphical data
- Understanding of radio frequency/wireless technology and/or environmental sensing
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the capacity to interact with project managers, engineers, software developers and agricultural end-users
For more information about the roles, contact John McGee at email@example.com
Published on: 22 Sep 2014